Friday, April 28, 2017

JESSICA ALBA: Honest Beauty


Jessica Alba HONEST BEAUTY 

To celebrate Jessica's 36th birthday this month we're breaking down her Honest Beauty routine. 

You may know our Eco Angel Jessica Alba from her films Into The Blue, Fantastic Four and Sin City. But did you know Ms Alba is worth a cool $340 bucks? Jessica became a billion dollar business babe after starting her Honest company in January 2012 which produces natural, non-toxic household goods, baby products and body care.

Jessica: "We created the Honest Company because we had too. We had to make it easy for parents to buy safe products for their families." 

With no formal business training and no college education Jessica co-founded The Honest Company - "a real life unicorn", a term reserved for start-ups valued at $1 billion or higher. Today, The Honest Company is valued at $1.7 Billion! In 2015 Jessica launched Honest Beauty with 17 skin care products and 66 makeup items. Most recently Honest Beauty hit the selves of Target stores across the US. 

Honest Beauty products feature advanced formulas with breakthrough botanicals, all made without parabens, talc, and synthetic fragrances.  Honest Beauty products are non-toxic, eco-friendly and cruelty-free. Honest Beauty creates a fresh, radiant and flawless finish you'll love. Their on a mission to make you look as good as you feel... And that's honestly beautiful.  


Jessica Alba formulating Honest Beauty

It takes 18 months to develop each Honest product. Jessica recently explained the Honest Beauty product development to Allure magazine. 

Jessica: "We don't own our own factories. We find best-in-class manufacturers, and then I go work with their chemists to create our formulas, or we make our formulas in-house. It's a very rigorous process of quality assurance and quality control. We have a sourcing department. We have a product-development and R&D department - those are the chemists. And then the product development creative is on my side. So I say, "It needs to feel like this; it needs to smell like this; it needs to perform like that; it should be delivered in this type of package." And then I work with the creative-marketing team. It takes about 18 months to make it and to test it. And then I work with my retail team and online team so the product feels exactly the same online as it does [on a shelf]."


Jessica Alba in Madame Figaro | Makeup by Daniel Martin

Jessica's signature "no makeup" look is fresh, youthful and it's all Honest Beauty! Re-create her look using Honest Beauty products:
  • Cream Foundation in Camel
  • Concealer Duo in Disappearing Dune
  • Invisible Blurring Powder, Contour + Highlight Kit
  • Magic Balm (to highlight!)
  • Brow Filler in Rich Brunette
  • Eyeshadow Trio in Soft Sand
  • True Velvet Eyeliner in Cocoa
  • Truly Lush Mascara + Lash Primer
  • Blossom Kiss Lip Crayon
  • Dreamy Kiss gloss
Jessica's look was created by celebrity Makeup Artist and Honest Beauty creative colour consultant Daniel Martin. 

Jessica: "I love this mascara: You use the primer on your upper lashes, and then while that's drying, you do your lowers and then coat each with the mascara. No smudges or mascara dust."

Jessica wearing Honest Beauty Falling For You Makeup Palette 

Jessica knows that “beauty starts from the inside out.” She recently shared her diet and exercise secrets with Shape Magazine during her latest cover photoshoot. 

Jessica: “I love my shape because it does what I want it to. If I want to go on a hike or a bike ride or go for a swim, I know my body will do everything I tell it to. I also appreciate that I can push myself through when I’m feeling tired. There’s always a little extra something to get me past the tired moments.”

Jessica Alba | SHAPE magazine


Jessica: “With exercise, I get a little more toned and I definitely feel stronger, but my diet is much more important if I’m trying to slim down. In that case, I usually don’t eat gluten, dairy, fried foods or processed foods. I try to stick to a diet that’s low in sugar and carbs and high in lean protein and vegetables.”

The latest Honest Company endeavour is Jessica's new range of Honest Hair Care which launched last August and features pro hair formulas with breakthrough botanicals designed to tame the most demanding locks. 

Jessica Alba | HONEST HAIR CARE

Honest Beauty didn't become a billion dollar business overnight. Jessica worked hard and lead an incredible team to build Honest into the company it is today. The 340 million dollar girl boss says it's all about the hustle. 
Jessica: "A, I'm a hustler. B, I've been working since I was, like, 12. I've lived all over the world; I've worked all over the world with adults and seen all these different dynamics. I've been part of a lot of businesses' marketing strategies, and I see how they utilize someone like me. I love learning. I'm a sponge. I haven't lost my thirst and desire to learn. Every day is different, and I'm working toward something that I feel really good about. So it's super gratifying."
So take note girls, work hard and hustle and remember to always be beautifully honest. 


Jessica Alba

Instagram: @jessicaalba
Twitter: @jessicaalba

HONEST BEAUTY

Official: www.honestbeauty.com
Facebook: Facebook.com/honestbeauty
Instagram: @honest_beauty
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave