Monday, November 9, 2020

DELTA GOODREM: Solid Gold


DELTA GOODREM Solid Gold 

Australian singer songwriter Delta Goodrem celebrates her 36 birthday today. Her new single solid gold celebrates her new found sparkle after months of rehab following surgery which left her unable to speak. Delta had lost The Voice she had become known for. 


To celebrate her birthday month, Delta delights fans with the digital release of her very first promo single I Don't Care. Nineteen years ago before her first single Born to Try made the singer a household name, Delta released the 2001 song I Don't Care. The single is now available to purchase on iTunes and music streaming platforms: Spotify, Soundcloud, Apple Music. 

Delta: "Nineteen years ago! My first single 'I Don't Care' and I am so excited to share that it's finally available to stream everywhere alongside many other missing tracks, B-sides, mixes." 

Listen to a Spotify Playlist of Delta's newly released B-Sides. 


Goodrem signed her record deal at the age of 15. Two years later the 17 year old joined the cast of Neighbours which made her an international star. She released her debut album Innocent Eyes at the age of 18 after her single Born To Try earning her 3 ARIA awards; single of the year, highest selling single and Breakthrough Artist. 

Delta's devoted fans (nicknamed #TeamDelta) have been through thick and thin with her and this month, Delta re-launched The Forum - a new Facebook group to unite her fans from around the world. Just like the good old days of online forums where fans discussed all the things Delta. The Delta Goodrem Official Fan Community is a revamped modern way for fans to come together. 

Delta: "We should bring our Forums back! But a 2020 revamped version. We have just created a Facebook Group called "The Forum" for everyone. Come join and let's chat just like the old days!!"


delta force.

This year Delta graced the cover of Marie Claire Australia magazine opening up about how her blood cancer diagnosis dramatically derailed her rise to fame. 

Delta: "I started my career with the same intention that I have today: to bring love and light through music. With the foundation, I feel like I can impact people's lives in an even greater way. I hope it will be my biggest legacy."

MARIE CLAIRE AUSTRALIA

The Delta Goodrem Foundation.

In June, Delta launched the Delta Goodrem Foundation. A new Charity in partnership with St Vincent's Hospital to help advance vital research using cellular therapy to improve blood cancers like Hodgkin's Lymphoma which Delta battled at the age of 18. 

Delta: "After many years of planning, I am proud to announce the launch of the Delta Goodrem Foundation." 


Paralyzed. 

In July Delta released the first single Paralyzed from her upcoming album. The song went straight to #1 on the iTunes Australia chart. The emotional song connecting deeply with fans as Delta revealed the pain of losing her voice. 


PARALYZED

Everyone is singing their love songs
And I can't seem to find my own tune
I've been on the inside for so long
If they knew the truth
All of my plans have been silenced overnight
All that I know is paralyzed

To learn to speak again
Amongst the frustration
How do I begin?
Oh, see I will find my voice
Rebirth's the only choice
Can someone lend me a little patience?
It's just the way life goes


Delta Goodrem PARALYZED


On August 16, 2020 Delta bravely shared My Story Behind Paralyzed - an emotional youtube video diary message to her fans.  

Following complications to remove her salivary glands in October 2018, Delta woke up from surgery to find that she had lost the ability to control her speech after the paralysis of a nerve in her tongue. Scared she would never perform again. 

Delta: "...just trying to stay positive. My livelihood is my sound."

When a nerve is damaged, there is no predicting when, or if it may ever recover. Delta went into months of rehabilitation with daily speech therapy. Whilst in recover Delta wrote her 6th album. The challenging journey to recover her voice took one whole year. Delta's story is a triumphant tale of resilience. With a patience and positivity she was able to rewind and reset. 

DELTA | Carlotta Moye


Delta: "As a songwriter, I write songs from my own experiences. I tell stories about the path I have been on, wondering if anyone else has been on a similar journey. The first step in writing this new record was a personal transformation that I didn't know I needed in my life! Even though, as I am sharing today, it was a challenging one - I learned so much and I'm so grateful to be here healthy, happy and singing away." 


dream.

This year Delta announced her upcoming tour - Bridge over Troubled Dreams. Tickets are on sale now. 

Delta: "I am so excited to announce my 2021 Bridge Over Troubled Dreams Tour of Australia and New Zealand next April and May. I'm hoping that this gives us all something to look forward to when we come together to share the magic of live music again. There are going to be incredible musical moments in bringing to life the surprise elements of this new album and all of the favourites from my previous records... See you soon." 



let it rain.

Earlier this year, Delta joined forces with Apple Music to release her ballad Let it Rain, a tribute song to benefit the Australian Bushfire relief fund.  Stellar magazine showcased her love for Australia with a cover story. 

Delta: "Thank you to the amazing Apple Music for joining me in donating all proceeds from "Let it Rain" downloads to the Australian bushfire relief! So grateful for all your incredible support around the world."


Delta: "I love Australia with all my heart." 


solid gold.

Delta's new single Solid Gold is a celebration. It's now her time to shine. 

After losing her voice and facing one of the most challenging years of her life, Delta has found her sparkle again. With a solid gold year of achievements both professionally with her new music and personally with her new charity. With her remarkable resilience and bravery she is stepping back into the spotlight ...and she is glowing. Delta's heart is solid gold

DELTA | solid gold


Delta: "Your inner light. If it's a rough day and you can't find yourself in the mirror, your sparkle is there... it might just be shy. It's the times that have challenged me the most, that now looking back, has show me my shine." 

Rebirth. 

2020 has been a tough year for all of us. But there is hope and light. Delta's message is one of kindness and compassion. 

Delta: "You never know what someone is going through in life. In 2020 everyone has a story and it going through something... A reset. Ask people around you, even the strong ones if they are ok! Be kind. Be patient! Stay strong and be positive." 


Delta Goodrem

official website: deltagoodrem.com
Delta Goodrem Foundation: deltagoodremfoundation.org
Instagram: Instagram.com/deltagoodrem
Facebook: Facebook.com/DeltaGoodremMusic
Story behind Paralyzedhttps://youtu.be/3yosCEmJiUk