Monday, September 26, 2011

DEMI LOVATO: From Disney To Diva


Demi Lovato Disney to Diva
WONDER WOMAN

Demi Lovato (born Demetria Devonne Lovato) was once a Disney darling as the star of Disney's Sonny with a Chance. This young actress & singer once dated Joe Jonas, starred in popular Disney movies and was even referred to as the new Miley Cyrus. But she recently hit rock bottom when she experienced an emotional breakdown. 


 

Only 3 years ago Demi was flying high with the success of her movies Camp Rock and Princess Protection Program and a starring role on Disney's hit show Sonny with a Chance. Along with the success of back to back pop albums Don't Forget and Here We Go Again, and a summer tour, it seemed as if she had it all. But behind the pop princess smile, Demi was dealing with self confidence issues, depression and even self-injury. "I basically had a nervous breakdown".  In October 2010 her family checked Demi into a treatment centre where she got help for cutting and multiple eating disorders.

Demi: "I went from being at the highlight of my career having a movie… being on this tour and having so much success. So many things were going great in my life and then all of a sudden my personal life just went down at crazy speeds and I  just I had a negative breakdown and it changed my life forever. But I'm glad that it did because if I had never gone into treatment  I don't know if one I would be sitting here today and two if I would be alive today." 




Her struggles with anorexia and bulimia started at age 9 after many years of dealing with school bullies. "One of the words they called me was fat. At that age, you think, Oh, so I don't have friends because I'm fat." 

Demi is now a spokesperson for Teens Against Bullying, a bullying prevention movement and she hopes to put an end to bullying.  "I'm in such a good place now. There needs to be a [positive] role model out there and for the first time in my life I feel like one." 

She recently became a contributing editor for Seventeen Magazine, opening up about the pressure to be perfect, her personal struggles and her newfound confidence in the hope to inspire others. 



Demi made an appearance last month at the MTV Video Music Awards showing off her new sexy curves in a sexy figure-hugging gun metal grey sequinned mini dress. Fans embraced her new curvy figure so much that the phrase Demi Lovato is Stunning became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter for 24 hours following the VMA awards. 




This very courageous 19 year old has done some seriously growing up recently and Demi shares her experiences with fans, her new album Unbroken was released last week. Now with her Sonny with a Chance days behind her Demi is focusing on her music career. Skyscraper, the first single off the album is an anthem for every girl going through a rough patch. 

Demi:  "My first single is really special to me — to me it symbolizes my journey from the person I was to the happy healthy person I am today, and the fact that people are able to rise above anything, despite the odds."




Demi describes her new album Unbroken as "more mature" and mixes emotional ballads with party songs to create a fresh new collection of tracks showcasing Demi's killer voice. The album also features guest vocals from Missy Elliott, Timbaland, Jason Derulo and Jordin Sparks. 
Demi: "Every other album I haven’t had time to really take my time and craft it like I really wanted to do because I was finding spare time between a television show, and movies, and touring, and then all over again. I’ve worked on (the album) for the past year and really gone hard over the past few months, but you can definitely tell that I took my time with this record."


Demi co-wrote 5 tracks from the new album including All Night Long, Together, Unbroken, Hold Up and For the Love of a Daughter. "With my new album, I'm hoping to provide inspiration for girls everywhere who are going through the same issues I've faced."
Although Demi is often compared to fellow Disney pop stars Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus, Unbroken certainly showcases that her voice is certainly in the same league as Christina Aguilera and Kelly Clarkson. 


From Disney to Diva, this inspiring young actress has overcome depression, bullying, eating disorders and self-defeat and emerges determined and driven, ready to be a positive healthy  role model for young girls. We admire Demi Lovato for her strength to seek help and use her celebrity status in a positive way to make a difference. Demi Lovato is Unbroken. 


After a difficult year, Demi Lovato battled her demons, got the help she needed and is back on top. She gave a powerful and candid interview to Ellen about her eating disorder and her road to recovery. She's an incredible person.

Demi Lovato

twitter: Twitter.com/ddlovato
Facebook: Facebook.com/DemiLovato
official: www.demilovato.com

 This is a feature article from Eco Glamazine September 2011