Wednesday, November 28, 2018

FIT GIRL: Jessica Biel



GIAM X JESSICA BIEL 

Actress, Mother and Fit Girl Jessica Biel has partnered with Gaiam, as their new brand ambassador and this year she launches her own yoga clothing line; the first GAIAM X JESSICA BIEL capsule collection. 

Jessica: "Fitness and well-being have been part of my life forever. I grew up outdoors playing soccer, and I was a gymnast, so this is who I really am." 



Jessica first partnered with Gaiam in September 2017 as their official brand ambassador. 

Jessica: "I've been in love with yoga for years but my love affair with Gaiam is just beginning... We teamed up and I can't wait to share our first signature collection with you." 



Karen Murray, CEO of Sequential Brands Group (Gaiam's parent company) explains how Jessica was their top pick to represent the brand. 

Karen: "As soon as we started thinking about who would be the best ambassador for us, Jessica was at the top of our list. She's about as authentic as they come; she practices yoga every other day and she's a wife, mother, actress and activist. She really wants to put her mark on the brand; this is more than a one-season blip." 




Gaiam was founded 25 years ago in Jessica's home town of Boulder, Colorado and is committed to bringing "yoga, fitness and wellness" to everyone. 

Jessica: "It's the kind of company you can depend on for strong, affordable products, where you think, 'Oh, I know this company and it feels personable to me." 




With her new capsule collection, Jessica wants to share the joy of Yoga with others, so she co-designed key pieces that are versatile enough to wear everyday with her goal to create clothing that doesn't explicitly read as workout wear.

Jessica: "I started getting into yoga about 10 years ago through a close friend who was an instructor. At first I felt like, 'I can't do all those crazy poses,' and I still can't, but I'm not competing with anyone. I want to demystify yoga and bring it out to more women and men in the community, where it doesn't have to be intimidating." 




Jessica's 2018 signature capsule collection of Gaiam yoga and activewear features capris, leggings, bodysuits, tops and jackets that takes inspiration from the runways. Biel brings her sense of style and years of experience with red carpet fashion to this collection. 

Jessica: "We want to bring an elegance to athleisure and elevate it so that when you see the pieces, it looks familiar to what you see on the runways and you can think about wearing it out to dinner or to pick up your kids at school."




Shop the new GAIAM X JESSICA BIEL collection in store at Kohls and online at gaiam.com


JESSICA BIEL 


Facebook: Facebook.com/jessicabiel

Instagram: Instagram.com/jessicabiel

Twitter: Twitter.com/jessicabiel

GAIAM: www.gaiam.com