Monday, May 21, 2018

ECO ANGEL: Jordana Brewster



Jordana Brewster Her beauty secret weapon

ECO ANGEL 


Actress, mother and beauty ambassador Jordana Brewster shares her skincare routine, 4 beauty truths, balancing motherhood with acting and her most iconic role as Mia Toretto. 

Jordana was born in Panama in 1980 and began her career as a teen daytime soap opera actress in 1995 starring in As World Turns Turns. Three years later she made her feature film debut in Kevin Williamson's The Faculty in 1998 as cheerleader Delilah along side Ejilah Wood. 





Life in the fast lane.  Jordana's big break came in 2001 starring opposite Paul Walker and Vin Diesel in the street racing action flick The Fast And The Furious. Did you know, when Jordana was first cast in the role of Mia Toretto she didn't even have a driver's license. 

Jordana: "I lived in New York. I had to take driving lessons in New York, which were really weird because it's not the safest thing in the world. Then the producers and the cast went to Vegas for driving school, and that was really intense because I had just got my license."

Unaware of the impact the original Fast & Furious film would make on audiences, 21 year old Jordana took a break from acting and returned to college, graduating from Yale with a bachelor in English in 2003. The Yale grad returned to her Hollywood career, starring in four films including the naval academy drama Annapolis. In 2009 she reprised her iconic role as Mia Toretto in Fast & Furious 4 reuniting with co-stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Michelle Rodriguez. 




Jordana: "In the first one I'm more of a wallflower and it's much more of a girlfriend-type role, but in [Fast & Furious 4] I'm more of a woman. She's far more though. I deal with the repercussions of living in my brother's world. It was much more fun to play her this time because I got to evolve the character a little bit." 

In 2009 Jordana Brewster was ranked No. 9 in Maxim's Hot 100 and appeared in a sexy photoshoot spread for the racy men's magazine. 


Jordana Brewster MAXIM

Mia Toretto certainly made an impression on audiences and Jordana was cast in three additional Fast and Furious movies sequels - Fast Five (2011) Fast & Furious 6 (2013) and Furious 7 (2015).  After the sudden death of her co-star and on-screen love interest Paul Walker on November 30th 2013, film producers continued production and filming of Furious 7 with the help of Paul's brothers. 

Furious 7 was released in cinemas on April 1, 2015 and included a heartfelt tribute to the late actor and a bitter sweet send off, retiring Paul and Jordana's characters Brian and Mia. 

Jordana: "I can't express what he meant to me or what the impact of him being gone has had on my life in one quote, because I loved Paul so much. What Paul had was the gift of being really present to everyone around him. He didn't get wrapped up in the stuff that so many people in the industry do. So I was just so blessed to know him at all." 



Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Vin Diesel 

Action and acting. 
After starring in five blockbuster Fast and Furious films, Jordana returned to acting on the small screen in 2016 with a main role in the action comedy TV series Lethal Weapon. Based on the popular 90's buddy cop movies, Jordana plays Dr Maureen Cahill, the police department's resident psychologist. 

Jordana: "I love the original 'Lethal Weapon' with Mel Gibson and I love Rene Russo as well so it's really exciting." 



Lethal Weapon - Jordana Brewster



Balance and babies.  
These days Jordana resides in Los Angeles with her husband, movie producer Andrew Form and two sons.  

Andrew and Jordana met on the set of her 2005 horror flick The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning and married in 2007 in the Bahamas. 

The couple have two adorable children together. 5 year old Julian (born September 10, 2013) and their son Rowan who just celebrated his 2nd birthday was born on June 6, 2016 via gestational surrogate. 

Jordana:  "I couldn't carry a baby... at first, I was scared. I had no idea what it entailed. Then I started researching agencies. I met with one called Agency for Surrogacy Solution. Most of the people who worked there had used surrogacy to have a child or been a surrogate themselves, so I felt like they really got it. [Surrogacy] taught me a lot to have to rely on someone else to carry my baby for me, because I'm such a private and self-sufficient person. It's the most intimate leap of faith and trust you can take." 


Jordana with son Rowan | PEOPLE 

Jordana loves her role as busy working mum. 

Jordana: "What's so wonderful about motherhood is that you're constantly busy. There's so much to do and I don't miss idle time at all. I prefer live after Julian, for sure. Everyday I fall deeper and deeper in love with this amazing gift. I'm in awe everyday." 


Jordana with Julian, Rowan and mom Maria photographed by Claiborne Swanson Frank




Brazilian Beauty. 
Busy mums need on the go beauty, so she teamed up with Ponds to become their official spokeswoman. Jordana inherits her beauty from her mother Maria João, a former Brazilian swimsuit model who first introduced her to Ponds skincare. 

Jordana: "I've been using the line for many, many years, because my mom introduced me to them. I use the Cold Cream but my favourite now is the Pond's Towelettes. As a busy mum they are perfect for my lifestyle. A perfect on-the-go tool for me." 

Ponds's Cold Cream removes makeup and improves skin's moisture, texture and smothness. Unlike ordinary makeup removers, Pond's Cold Cream is 50% moisturiser. It melts away all traces of your toughest makeup, while infusing skin with vital hydration. Clean, soft, glowing skin - all in one step! 

Pond's beauty ambassador Jordana Brewster

Her secret to the Brewster glow, you ask? Pond's Hydrate + Glow Sheet Masks. 
Developed by The Pond's Institute and formulated with papaya extract, vitamin B3 and vitamin E, Hydrate + Glow Sheet Mask hydrates skin leaving it feeling dewy fresh and looking radiant. 

Jordana: "Hydrate + Glow Sheet Mask is my favourite. They are super hydrating and luxurious, but the beauty of them is that you can literally put them on and move, give your baby the bottle, without you having to soak in the tube if you don't have time. I'm Brazilian, I love being bronzed and tan. I honestly love my skin looking like JLo's. During the winter months I noticed that I look a little more pale, especially when you have the heater on and you can be a little dehydrated. I like that they give you an extra boost, and makes me feel better about my skin." 

When it comes to glamour, Jordana says it's all about dramatic lips and lots of lashes! 

Jordana: "I love doing a dramatic lip. Very, very deep lips and then going very light in the eyes. But the other thing I really like is using tons of fake lashes, because I think it does such a huge difference." 


Jordana Brewster |  Mike Rosenthal


Jordana's Beauty Truths

Truth #1 Your car mirror never lives. 

Jordana: "I just check 'em out in the rearview mirror and am like, 'Now is time to tweeze. I used to get made fun of in middle school for my giant caterpillar eyebrows. Now thick eyebrows are in. On a day-to-day basis I don't fill them in. I do that with a makeup artist." 

Truth #2 Your skin is thirsty. Hydrate it. 

On top of drinking plenty of H20 every day, Jordana swears by Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream for years to maintain her radiant skin. 

Jordana: "I loved growing up in a very humid climate in Brazil and New York, because it kept my skin so hydrated. But California is so much dryer. It's just what my skin needs, so I don't need to switch up my routine often. I have been using Pond's Rejuvenates for so many years and have really seen it pay off." 



Truth #3 Use pool or beach days to multitask 

Jordana: "If you're swimming in the pool or ocean, use any oil - like coconut oil or almond oil - as a mask for the day. Put it in your hair, then throw your hair up in high bun. It looks so good and also gives your hair a great treatment." 

Truth #4 And oil is your friend elsewhere. 

Jordana says incorporating natural oils into your beauty routine works wonders. Lately, Brewster's been gravitating towards coconut oil as a body moisturiser, too. 

Jordana: "I put it on right after I get out of the shower when my skin is still a little damp. I even use coconut oil as a gloss sometimes. It's just so good." 


Jordana Brewster |  Mike Rosenthal

The secret to smooth, effortless, beautiful hair she loves? Marajo Hair. 

MARAJÓ hair care inspired by the beauty of Brazil, features pracaxi oil; a key ingredient found on the island of Marajó in the heart of the Brazilian Amazon. 

Jordana: "If you want smoother, healthier hair -- you'll love MARAJÓ! I couldn't believe the difference it made. I love the deep cleansing cream. It's my first step. And then the deep treatment butter which is essential because I love colouring my hair. It's a way of having fun with my hair. So the deep treatment butter kind of saves me."

Jordana's go to hair trick? A pretty braid. 

Jordana: "I have learned to get really pretty texture you can put your hair in a braid. Because my hair has different textures. What I like to do is. I will put my hair in a low loose braid then put serum. I love the Marajo Anti Frizz Serum. I will put that all over the top of my head so I don't have alot of fly-a-ways. That will be super soothe, then I will put the braid on the bottom, because I really like texture on the bottom. Texture on top not so cute." 


Jordana Brewster | MARAJÓ


Jordana's tip for frizz-free hair?  Marajó Anti-Frizz Smoothing Serum

Jordana: "I use the Anti Frizz Serum. I love serums. The more oil. The more hair serums you put in your hair, the more your hair loves you. So that's what I use in my hair to keep it from frizzing." 

Cleanse and restore your hair with the miracle oil from Brazil. Marajó hair care products are available at Sephora. 


Jordana Brewster | Tory Burch


Day in the life of Jordana Brewster. 
Jordana tracks her busy day as a mum and tv actress with her ToryTrack Hybrid Smartwatch by Tory Burch. 

6:00am Started off my day with Body by Simone.

10:00am Shopped for food at Whole Foods - made sure to pick up school supplies for kids! 

2:00pm ADR for Lethal Weapon 

3:00pm Meeting with Environmental Media Association board 

4:00pm Checked my stats on my Tory Burch ToryTrack watch. 9 glasses of water and 10,000 steps! 

10:00pm Turning on my sleep log now. Goodnight! 



Jordana Brewster | ALLURE


What's in Jordana Brewster's bag?
  • Snacks. First and foremost, I always have snacks. So I've got a granola bar. One of my favourites is the one from Trader Joe’s.
  • Gum and Mints. I love having fresh breath, so I also have gum and mints, which I always need on hand. 
  • Sweater. When you're flying on airplanes, you never know when it's going to be cold, when it's going to be warm… so I've got the sweater on hand.
  • Phone. I have my cell phone, which I can't live without. Because, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to talk to my kids.
  • Cold Cream. When I'm traveling, I love carrying this smaller size of Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser. It's just a super easy way to clean my face.
  • Lip Balm. My favourite lip balm is… Dr. Hauschkaz which I've been obsessed with for many years. It's like super moisturising. Again, I'm all about moisture and yummy texture. So I love my Dr. Hauschkaz lip balm.
  • Eyedrops. 
  • Blush. This blush is one of my favourites. It's actually Tory Burch and it's such a pretty pink. I use it on my cheeks and my lips, and it's just something that's super easy. Because you put it on your fingertips, and then rub it on your face. And so, it's kinda full proof which I love.
  • Baby Wipes. One thing I can't live without that I always have in my bag, whether it's baby wipes or Ponds wipes for my face. I think wipes are so versatile, cause you can use them on your face. You can use them to wash your hands. Especially when your traveling, they're just great to have on hand.
  • Big Bag. And I also, obviously I think it's super important, to have a giant bag, because I carry so much. So I always say my bags are like Mary Poppin's bags, cause they're so big.  

VIDEO: ALLURE What's in my Bag? with Jordana Brewster 




The future is fast. 
After the release of the 8th fast instalment The Fate of the Furious in 2017, the lack of Brian and Mia's story line impacted audiences and resulted in Jordana's welcomed return to the fast franchise. She will return as Mia Toretto in the upcoming sequel Fast and Furious 9 scheduled for release on April 10, 2020. 

Jordana: "Yes, in 2020 is coming a new 'Fast'. Can't wait to get back together with everyone, because I miss everyone and I love working with the 'Fast' family."



Jordana Brewster | Kenneth Cappello for Cosmopolitan

Balancing the joys of motherhood with acting to keeping her skin looking camera ready, Jordana Brewster tackles life with positivity and passion. She simply glows from within and radiates so much light and love to everyone around her. This Brazilian beauty is fast becoming one of the most inspirational mothers. Bravo Brewster!   




Jordana Brewster 

Instagram: 
Instagram.com/jordanabrewster

Facebook: 
Facebook.com/JordanaBrewster

Twitter: 
Twitter.com/jordanabrewster







This cover story is featured in Eco Glamazine May / June 2018


SaveSaveSaveSave