Saturday, December 29, 2018

ECO ANGEL: Jenna Dewan




JENNA DEWAN Dancing into a New Dawn 

ECO ANGEL 


Actress, Dancer, TV Host and Mother Jenna Dewan is our featured Eco Angel for December 2018. We first featured Jenna on the cover of our August 2012 issue. 6 years later Jenna is back front and centre - stronger, sassier, newly single and stepping up and into the spotlight. 


Jenna Dewan |  Mike Rosenthal


This year has been a difficult one for Jenna Dewan - the Step Up actress announced her separation with husband and co-star Channing Tatum back in April. With fans heartbroken to hear the news that their favourite Hollywood couple taking some time apart, Jenna's personal life was thrust into the spotlight like never before. 

Jenna: "It's challenging to go through a big change and have the whole world have an opinion about it." 

Jenna and Channing first met in 2006 when they auditioned for the dance flick Step Up. Their steamy chemistry was not just on-screen, the couple started dating after filming wrapped and quickly became the cutest and quite possibly Hollywood's most good looking couple since Brad and Jennifer. 

They married in 2009 and four years later their daughter Everly Tatum was born on May 31, 2013. 


Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan in Step Up

As the couple move forward as single parents, their #1 priority is co-parenting 5 year old daughter Everly. 

Jenna: "It's been a journey, and it's been transformation of myself - my needs and wants as a woman. I think everyone wants to hold on to what's in front of them, nut when you open your mind, saying, 'I want what's best for myself and my daughter,' you have to be okay with however that looks." 




Jenna Dewan | Yu Tsai 


As they say, when one door closes another one opens. Jenna's next opportunity was a guest starring role on the FOX tv show The Resident. Jenna joined the cast early this year and debuted as sharp and sophisticated medical rep Julian Booth when the show returned for Season 2 in October. 

Jenna's triumphant return to TV was welcomed by fans. After her successful recurring role as Lucy Lane on Supergirl (Season 1) and two cancelled tv shows Witches of East End and The Playboy Club - fans were eager to see Jenna on their tv screens again. 

Her courageous and confident character Julian caused quite a stir featuring in 7 episodes of The Resident this year, including an onscreen love affair with Doctor Devon Pravesh played by actor Manish Dayal. 


Jenna Dewan as Julian Booth in The Resident

This year also saw Jenna return to the stage as host of the popular NBC series World of Dance along with three expert judges Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough and NE-YO. World of Dance is a reality tv show, where dancers representing all styles of dance compete for a $1 million grand prize. 

Despite the success of the show, and after 2 years hosting, Jenna announced in October that she will not be returning for World of Dance Season 3 as host.  

Jenna: "To my World of Dance lovers! I will not be returning for to the show as host for season 3. But I won't be able to stay away for long, and plan to return to mentor contestants as much as possible. It has been an absolute thrill to be part of this incredible, groundbreaking show from the very beginning, and I am forever grateful to my NBC family, JLO, Derek Hough, NEYO and everyone involved in this journey. We are changing dance world and giving opportunities to dancers in ways I've only dreamed of! Much love to everyone." 


Summer is heating up, with a sexy new collection of dance essentials. After 2 years as the face of Danskin apparel, Jenna Dewan is stepping up her role from brand ambassador to fashion designer with the launch of her first capsule collection; Jenna Dewan x Danskin

Jenna: "I created this collection to move with women in everything they do." 

Jenna's new Danskin capsule collection features cropped tees, leggings, sports bras, hoodies, sweat pants and key pieces for dancers including leotards, bodysuits and a unitard - Jenna's favourite piece from the collection. 


Jenna Dewan x Danskin

Jenna: "I love a one piece. It's comfortable, easy to layer, sexy and hugs all the right places. This [Unitard] is my favourite of all the collection." 

Jenna brings her edgy sense of style, her decades of experience as a dancer and her love of pilates to create a collection that mixes street style with modern dance classics.  

Jenna: "I'm really into the dance/athletic/athleisure look that can translate from day to night feel. Street style that is also appropriate for dance class or gym. 

Jenna Dewan x Danskin collection is available at Danskin.com


Jenna Dewan x Danskin

 
As a self confessed Hippie, Jenna loves crystals for healing, eating a vegan diet, using clean and cruelty free beauty products and essential oils to improve her health and well being. 

As a fan of Young Living for many years, Jenna announced earlier this month that she's teaming up with Young Living to as their Savvy Minerals partner for 2019. Savvy Minerals by Young Living is a new mineral based makeup brand featuring quality cosmetics for the eco-conscious woman. 

Jenna: "I'm partnering with Young Living to represent the Savvy Minerals beauty Collection in 2o19. I have always been a fan of Young Living because it offers the highest quality and purest essential oils and essential oils based products, which is important for me and my focus on living a healthy clean lifestyle. Together with you I'm looking for a bright year ahead." 


Jenna Dewan | Savvy Minerals by Young Living

2019 is a bright year for the company, as Young Living celebrates their 25th anniversary. So it was the perfect time to recruit Jenna Dewan as the face of their new cosmetic line, Savvy Minerals. 

Jenna: "Happy Silver Anniversary. I'm thrilled to partner with Young Living Essential Oils in such a milestone year for the company. This is an important year to reflect back on the hereditary and history of Young Living and it's roots as a family farm and it's also a time to look forward at the innovation and vision that the company has as it leads the essential oils industry in a future of wellness. Happy 25 Young Living. You are looking better than ever." 


Jenna Dewan | Savvy Minerals by Young Living


Jenna: "I'm very excited because I clearly love beauty and makeup products. It was also very important for me to find a brand that is ethical, doesn't test on animals and that is free of chemicals. I feel good about wearing [the products] because they are healthy for my skin and body." 

As a busy working mom, Jenna prefers a quick 10 minute makeup routine, and trusts Savvy Minerals clean and simple products because she says "there's nothing worse than being overdone." 

Jenna: "The products are really good. The foundations are great colours and the lip glosses I legitimately wear every day. They are just really good shades. I've tried other natural products and lines that I didn't feel got the right look I was going for. With Savvy, the colouring is right and the quality is right." 



Jenna Dewan | Savvy Minerals by Young Living

With a new direction and drive to success Jenna is pursuing new projects and this year she  launched of her own production company Everhart Productions, named after her daughter Everly. 

She also wrapped two new films; The Wedding Year a new romantic comedy co-starring Sarah Hyland and 'Berlin I Love You' which Jenna filmed earlier this year in Germany. 

Jenna: "There are so many fun projects and lots of irons in the fire. I'm lit up at the moment - there are so many wonderful opportunities. In this day and age, and knowing the nature and climate of the entertainment business, I believe that if you want to do something, you've got to make it [happen] yourself." 

Up next for Jenna is the new Netflix TV series Mix Tape. Jenna has signed on to star in this musical drama and will film the pilot, for a release in 2019. 


Jenna Dewan | Dennis Leupold


This year was a challenging one, but through it all Jenna remained strong and resilient. 

Jenna: "People are like, 'How do you get through this?' I didn't run away from my feelings. I let myself cry I let myself grieve. This is one of those situations where I will see the light. The dawn is coming." 

And Jenna hasn't given up on love, just yet. 

Jenna: "I do believe in love still, but I also believe it begins with really digging deep and learning how to love yourself. And then I think you sort of transmute that out to attract the right partner. I think people who are meant to be sort of find each other." 


Jenna Dewan | Jeff Lipsky 

With her new found freedom, coming into her own and experiencing so much personal growth, Jenna is ready to take on a new year. 

Jenna: "I feel I've been on a wave of growth. It does look different; it's a new normal, and I really think we'll get used to that."  

Life looks alot different for Jenna in 2019 - with a new Netflix series, a new beauty brand partnership, a new clothing line and a new beau; Jenna is dancing into a new dawn. 


Jenna Dewan



Instagram: Instagram.com/jennadewan

Facebook: Facebook.com/jennadewan

Twitter: Twitter.com/jennadewan

Youtube: Youtube.com/jennadewan










This cover story is featured in Eco Glamazine December 2018