Thursday, August 17, 2017

GLAMOUR GAL: Kathryn Chandler


Glamour Gal Kathryn Chandler 

Our new featured Glamour Gal is Health Coach and Wellness Blogger Kathryn Chandler


In our exclusive interview Kathryn she shares her 5 heath and beauty tips, the importance of taking time to relax and recharge your batteries, and the secret to her beautiful, natural glow.  


Kathryn Chandler is a mum, Holistic Health Coach and Wellness blogger from Melbourne, Australia. 

Kathryn, can you share more about your health journey to becoming a Holistic Health Coach?

Kathryn: Before I began on my health journey I had a very complicated relationship with food and my body. I was obsessed with fad dieting and saw exercise as a way to punish my body. It took me years to overcome this toxic way of thinking but through my own healing process I discovered so many amazing resources and tools that have really helped to turn my life around in a very positive way. 
Many women are facing similar challenges and I desperately wanted to help them by sharing my experience and knowledge, so I became a certified Holistic Health Coach and Wellness Blogger. My mantra is to educate, inspire and encourage women to be the best version of themselves possible, while supporting them on their own wellness path. I am so driven and passionate about what I do and I love that through my work I am able to help others. 

Kathryn enjoys herbal tea 2 - 3 days times a day

1. Power of Pilates. 
Add Pilates to your workout routine to keep your body lean and toned. 


Being a health coach you know that fitness is an important part of staying healthy? What's your favourite type of exercise for the mind, body and soul? 

Kathryn: Over the years I‘ve learnt to take a much more gentle approach to exercise. I like to stay active with a combination of Yoga, Pilates and walks in nature. There is something so invigorating and refreshing about going for a walk at the beach or hiking through a forest. Fresh air and sunshine really are food for the soul. Moving my body daily in ways that I love helps me to feel more energised and balanced, both in my body and mind. I like to do my workouts first thing in the morning, it puts me into a really positive mindset and sets me up for a productive day ahead.



2. Natural beauty. 
It's true. Beauty comes from within.  

Your skin is absolutely gorgeous! What's your beauty secret? 

Kathryn: Thank you! I believe that beauty starts from the inside out and that the health of our gut determines whether we have that beautiful, natural glow or not. I nourish my body with wholefoods, eating plenty of greens and avoiding gluten, dairy, sugar, caffeine and alcohol. I also take high-quality probiotics and drink collagen powder in my herbal tea 2-3 times a day. I make a conscious effort to drink cold pressed green juice regularly and 2 litres of water everyday.  I keep my beauty routine really simple, I cleanse and moisturise morning and night, exfoliate once a week and only use natural and certified organic skin care and beauty products. 



3. You are what you eat. 
Slow down, eat consciously and mindfully...

We all know how important nutrition is for a healthy diet. How can we become more mindful eaters? 

Kathryn: When we don’t eat mindfully it can lead to poor food choices, over-eating and digestive issues. My advice is to slow down and tune in to what your body really needs. The best way to bring awareness to your eating habits is to sit down every time you eat, making a conscious effort to put aside technology or any other distraction and focus fully on the food in front of you. Eating slowly and chewing your food well until you are satisfied promotes good digestion and absorption of all those wonderful nutrients.


Benefits of Mindful Eating: 

  • Improves digestion
  • Improves feeling of satiety
  • Reduces over-eating / binge eating
  • Aids weight loss
  • More likely to make healthier choices
  • Decreases feelings of street / anxiety
  • Promotes a calm state
  • More in-tune with your body
  • Improves your mindset
  • Increases your energy levels 


Nourish your body with wholefoods 

4. Sunday Switchoff 
It's all about me time, so switching off! Take time to relax and recharge your batteries. 


As women and mums we all lead busy lifestyles so “me time” is important. Can you tell us more about #SundaySwitchoff ? 

Kathryn: It’s all about keeping a healthy balance between work life, family time and time just for myself. I consciously set aside a full day each week to switch off... usually Sundays are my day to simply relax and give my full attention to my little bub and Fiancé. I also try to do something just for myself like having an aromatherapy oil bath or doing a meditation… this is why I have #SelfLoveSaturday. Taking time just for me really helps to recharge my batteries so I can show up as the best version of myself possible.


#SelfLoveSaturday

5. Be grateful. 
Start each day with a thankful heart. 

Kathryn's mantra is to educate, inspire and encourage women to be the best version of themselves possible and support them to their own personal journey to wellness. As a Wellness Blogger Kathryn she shares her health and wellness tips on her blog www.kathrynchandler.com.au

What's one wellness tip you could give our female readers? 

Kathryn: Stop comparing yourself to others and instead take on an attitude of gratitude! Start each day with a thankful heart and be grateful for all of the many blessings in your life. This is a really beautiful practice that will have a profoundly positive impact on your day and your life.


Be grateful


Let's take a leaf out of Kathryn's book and nourish our bodies with good food, stay active with Yoga and Pilates, be mindful eaters, switch off once a week, remember beauty comes from within and always start each day with gratitude. 

For daily inspiration follow @kathryn.chandler on Instagram. Stay up to date with her latest articles on health and wellbeing head over to Kathryn's blog  www.kathrynchandler.com.au


Kathryn Chandler 
Holistic Health Coach & Wellness Blogger 

Website: www.kathrynchandler.com.au
Facebook: Kathryn Chandler
Instagram: @kathryn.chandler
SaveSave