Thursday, August 15, 2013

GLAMOUR GAL: Karissa Pukas


Karissa Pukas Beauty Princess 
GLAMOUR GAL 

This season's Glamour Gal is youtube beauty princess Karissa PukasIn this exclusive interview Karissa talks about her life in Australia, her adorable puppy Lola and her obsession with Star Wars! 

Thanks for being our featured Glamour Gal this season. Karissa what makes you feel the most glamorous?
Karissa: I feel the most glamorous when I'm wearing gorgeous shoes…. I don't know what it is about the right pair of shoes, but it can make you feel like a million bucks!




She describes herself as a Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Guru and shares beauty and fashion tips on her youtube channel. Karissa aka Saturdaynightsalrite loves sharing her daily life with her fans via Youtube, Twitter and Instagram. 

We just adore watching your Saturdaynightsalrite videos on youtube, What do you love most about making videos?
Karissa: Thank you! I love that even though I'm filming alone in a room, it's actually a message to 290k+ people. It's an amazing feeling looking into that lens, and knowing that what you say will be heard. It's very humbling and a truly cool moment. I'm very thankful to be doing what I do. 

This Canadian beauty now lives in Australia with her beau Glen and gorgeous puppy Lola. She moved here a couple of years ago for a new life with her Aussie boyfriend on the northern beaches of Sydney. 

What's your favourite thing about living in Australia?
Karissa: My Favourite thing about living in Australia is the beaches in the summer- UNREAL! 





In the summer of 2012 during a vacation, Karissa splashed around on the beach in Malibu, California for her Veve Swimwear Look Book video. Karissa looked stunning modelling 3 of her favourite bikinis from Veve Swimwear





Obviously diet plays a huge part in keeping that amazing figure. Can you share with our readers about your clean diet.  
Karissa: Clean eating has been a life changer for me. I try to eat as plant based as I can. I feel better, my skin looks better AND I'm not eating an animal, pretty easy trade off if I do say so myself. There's just no need to eat meat anymore. Everyone can have their own opinions on  it, but I just don't see the point in killing something to eat when you could just let it live and choose to eat something else.  I think if everyone just made a conscious effort to eat clean, and tried to not eat meat every day, that's a great start towards healthier living for the individual as well as for the environment.






Karissa loves Star Wars, cats, sparkles, the beach, snowboarding and cookies. She is such a fun loving person who really enjoys life and making people smile.

We know you love Star Wars, can you tell us when this obsession began?
Karissa:  I've loved Star Wars since I was a kid! I think I just enjoyed it because the story was so epic. I now have a 'May the Force be with you' Tattoo and a cat named Obi Wan Kenobi.




Your gorgeous puppy Lola is so adorable, we love seeing photos of her on instagram. Have you always been an animal lover? 
Karissa: Lola is such a sweetheart! I love her to bits. I've always liked animals, but I've predominantly been a cat lady- having a chihuahua is pretty similar to having a cat though (if they are well trained). Lola is like the excited version of a cat. 





We know you love fashion being a fashion merchandising graduate, whats your favourite fashion accessory?
Karissa: My favourite fashion accessory would probably be a chunky or oversize statement necklace! 





Karissa Pukas

Youtube: youtube.com/karissapukas
Facebook: facebook.com/karissapukas  
Twitter: twitter.com/KARISSAPUKAS
Instagram: instagram.com/karissapukas
Snapchat: karissapukas